Edmodo

I have enjoyed the presentation by Dr. Bibbie.  I think I like this program for a good reason that it looks familiar to facebook.  i think students also don't like seeing something or don't like trying out new things especially if extremely strange to them. The amount of privacy students can get in Edmodo, I would definitely not mind using it. I like keeping students' records in safe places and as for as long as software programs like Edmodo exists, i don't see how we should be skeptical to try out new things.  I know students don't like showing each other grades so if Edmodo provides privacy, I guess it wouldn't be too bad to try it out.  I wonder if it is also completely free for the entire period of use or someone needs to buy subscription to buy a better version. It offers, chat box and discussion box.  I think students can do like we do in our D2L.  

We also discussed our final interview questions in small groups. Esther grouped us according to nature of classes we observe.  Youssouf joined Laura, Xu and I, he was not sure whether to be in our group or a different group. We talked about key issues we need to look at including how feedback is given and how communication is done between the teacher and students.  Esther also clarified the question of why we are doing field research.  She explained that the target is to answer the two questions she provided at the beginning of the semester.

Comments

  1. I also like the privacy Edmodo provides. It has a safe environment feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Students would certainly be attracted to the appearance because of its similarity to Facebook. I wonder how that would impact their relation to the tool. I mean,would they be more informal in their discussion posts, for example, because the class website feels more like Facebook...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if students can personalize the appearance of their Edmodo account like we can do with our blogs here. That would be another attractive feature. D2L is like entering a classroom, but if Edmodo CAN be personalized, it would be like entering your home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Using Computers is a challenge for South African high school students!

Identifying barriers to learn is key!

Online class interaction 3, guest presenter